Touch Integrated LCD Specifications
- Size: 3.1″, 7.0″ Wide
- Pixel Format: 480×800 (3.1″), 800×480 (7.0″)
- LCD Technology: Low Temperature Poly-Silicon (LTPS, 3.1″), Amorphous Silicon (a-Si, 7.0″)
- Display Mode: Transmissive, Photo Fine Vistarich (both)
- Viewing Angle: 160/160 (CR>=100)
- Touch: Capacitive or Resistive
DigiTimes: On October 22, Epson Imaging Devices announced the development of an all-in-one touch-integrated LCD that has a built-in tempered glass or acrylic cover and a resistive or capacitive touch panel. The company applied its Photo Fine Vistarich wide viewing angle technology that enables 90-degree viewing angles from the top, bottom, left, or right.
The LCD module combines the panel, cover, and touch panel without an air gap leading to no brightness and contrast loss. An air gap reduces the brightness and contrast in typical touch enabled LCDs. Epson is planning to incorporate its Photo Fine Vistarich technology in LCDs geared for digital cameras, mobile phones and automotive applications such as satellite navigation. Epson will exhibit the touch LCDs this week at FPD International 2007, which will be held from October 24 to 26 at Pacifico Yokohama, Japan.