Dell Inspiron 1435, 1535, 1536, 1735 Specifications:
- Size: 14.1″, 15.4″, 17.0″
- CPU: Up to 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo T5850
- Wireless: 3G (optional)
- Availability: May (1535), June 9 (1735), October (1435)
Updated 2008.06.26 9:23AM PST: Here are the complete specifications for Dell’s new Studio 15 and Studio 17 notebook PCs.
Dell Studio 15 & 17 Specifications:
- Display: All are glossy.
- 15.4″ 1280 x 800 CCFL BLU
- 15.4″ 1440 x 900 LED BLU
- 15.4″ 1920 x 1200 CCFL BLU
- 17.0″ 1440 x 900 CCFL BLU
- 17.0″ 1440 x 900 LED BLU
- 17.0″ 1920 x 1200 CCFL BLU
- GPU: Intel GMA X3100 or ATI Mobility Radeon HD3450 256MB
- Webcam: 2.0MP
- CPU: Up to 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T9300, 6MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB
- RAM: Up to 4GB Dual Channel 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- Chipset: Intel 965PM or Intel 965GM
- HDD: Up to 320GB 5400RPM SATA (Studio 15), up to 640GB dual 5400RPM SATA (Studio 17)
- Optical: 8x Slot Load CD/DVD Writer or 6x Slot Load Blu-ray
- WiFi: Dell Wireless 1397 (802.11b/g) or 1510 (802.11n)
- WAN: Verizon Wireless or Sprint EV-DO Rev. A
- Bluetooth: Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth (optional)
- Ports: USB 2.0 (4), HDMI, VGA, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio (In, Out, Mic), FireWire, ExpressCard/54
- Battery: 6-cell 56WHr Lithium Ion (standard), 9-cell 85WHr Lithium Ion (option)
- Dimension: 14.0 x 10.3 x 1.0 – 1.3″ (Studio 15), 15.46 x 11.36 x 1.18″ (Studio 17)
- Weight: Starts at 6.11lbs (2.77kg)
Update 2008.06.25 1:47PM PST
The cat is out of the bag. Dell has two notebook PCs lined up to go. Soon. They are the Studio 15 and Studio 17 line of notebook PCs. And the names bear the sizes: Studio 15 will have a 15.4″ LCD while the Studio 17 will sport a 17″ LCD. Here are some updated specs:
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
- RAM: Up to 4GB
- HDD: Up to 320GB
- Connectivity: 8-in-1 multicard reader, WiFi (802.11b/g), Bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet, WWAN (optional)
- Optical: Blu-ray (optional)
- Battery: 6-cell standard, 9-cell optional
Engadget: The specs seem to point to a fairly powerful unit. After having been exposed to the ‘new’ design, the Studio 15 and 17 lines look rather not-so-new.
Update 2008.06.16 9:14AM PST: A more revealing picture has been spotted bouncing around the net. For some reason the exterior design itself looks a bit similar to what I’ve seen in some Sony boxes of yore.
There are some additional specifications that are known about the Studio line:
- Connectivity: HDMI, eSATA (1536)
- WWAN: Sprint, Verizon, AT&T
- HDD: Dual option (1735)
- GPU: ATI 3450, ATI 3650, NVIDIA 8600M GT (depends on model)
Information reveals that personalization will be a big focus for Dell. You can get the Studios in many different colors including blue, green, red, pink, orange, and more. Art by Mike Ming will be available for permanent Pictaflex prints on your Dell Sudio line of notebook PCs. The art is interesting to me, and others might be really excited about it. I hope Dell can sign up many different types of artists so we can have more choices.
Engadget (1, 2): Not much is known about the new Dell Inspiron 1435, 1535, and 1735 notebook PCs. According to what Engadget has posted up, these new Inspiron notebook PCs will have fingerprint reader security, customizable color trim accent pieces, a capacitive touchpad and multimedia buttons, a backlit keyboard option and a flush glass edge-to-edge display option. All three Inspirons will sport a tapered thickness that ranges from 1.0″ to 1.5″: fairly thick if you asked me even with a slot-loading drive (with a slot-loading Blu-ray option?).