Lenovo ThinkPad SL300 Specifications
- Display: 13.3″ Wide TFT LCD with LED Backlight
- Aspect Ratio: 16:10
- Pixel Format: 1280×800
- GPU: Intel GMA X4500, 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 9300M
- CPU: 1.8 – 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- Chipset: Centrino 2
- HDD: 80, 160, 250, 320GB 5400RPM
- RAM: Up to 4GB 667MHz
- Optical: Combo, Super Multi, or Blu-ray
- Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n), WWAN, FireWire, USB 2.0 (3), HDMI, VGA, Headphone/Line Out, Mic In, PC Card (Type I/II), SD Slot
- Battery: 4-cell
- Dimensions: 318 x 238 x 32-36mm (12.5 x 9.4 x 1.3-1.5″)
- Weigh: 2.1kg (4.6lbs)
Lenovo (PDF): The Lenovo ThinkPad SL300 is a 13.3″ notebook PC that sports the new Centrino 2 chipset from Intel and can be fitted some impressive components. The 13.3″ wide TFT LCD comes with a pixel format of 1280×800 and a LED backlight to make the overall thickness a bit less while saving a bit of power. Of course, durability is increased too since LEDs are solid state lighting devices. The GPU is NVIDIA’s GeForce 9300M with 128MB of graphics memory. Not the fastest, but certainly good enough for the occasional shoot ’em up game. Lenovo mentioned that all of its notebook PCs will be going wide.
The Blu-ray option is an interesting one, especially coming from Lenovo. All business? Maybe not. With the Blu-ray option you get to watch 1080p in all of its glory. Or NOT. The 13.3″ has a pixel format of 1280 x 800. That means the 1080p content you get from Blu-ray is going to be massively scaled down. If you’ve got 720p content, those should look decent.