The Nexus One is the result of close collaboration between HTC and Google. So iFixit tore it apart to see what was so special. Here are the highlights:
- 1GHz Snapdragon CPU: Speedier than the Droid.
- 3.7-inch 800 x 480 AMOLED display by Samsung.
- Plastic rear cover is very easy to remove to replace the battery.
- No visible screws. Very nicely put together.
- Colorful innards: greens, yellows, oranges, dark grays, etc.
- Chips: Qualcomm (CPU, power management chip, RF transceiver), Broadcom (BCM4329 802.11g+Bluetooth+FM transceiver chip), Skyworks, TI, Samsung, Synaptics, Atmel, Audience
- WiFi N: Advantage Nexus One over iPhone 3GS (limited to WiFi G)