The Samsung Galaxy Tab looks good. Here are some notes I jotted down while watching the 9:18 video on YouTube:
- Google’s Android 2.2 is very responsive to touch gestures.
- Pinching and zooming looks good.
- Swype is onboard.
- Combined Google, Facebook, Outlook calendars.
- Productivity applications seem quite workable.
- The keyboard dock looks good, though on the big side.
- Social networking integration.
- There’s also a phone app that supports video on the Galaxy Tab.
- Readers Hub, an iBook lookalike, makes the reading experience very similar to the iPad. You get magazines too.
- The Music Hub is for music.
- 7-inch LCD sporting 1024×600.
- Flash 10.1 and HTML5 is supported on the multitouch-enabled browser.
- A dock to connect to your TV at Full HD: seems a bit laggy though.
- Android Market support.
- Car windshield dock.
- Fits in your hand, just one.
Overall the Samsung Tab looks to one-up the iPad in some areas: one is portability, second is the dual cameras good for taking pictures but also FaceTiming. Early adopters will need to get a hold of one and check it out. No doubt!
But, for those of you thinking there might be something better around the corner from Apple, my guess is Apple is working on an updated iPad. If you’re in the market for a tablet, I would wait and see what Apple has to offer come January. Three and a half months is a long time to wait but I think it’ll be worth it. Even if that means you don’t get a tablet underneath your Christmas tree this year.