Gizmodo: This list is according to Mark Spponauer, Editor-in-Chief at Laptop Magazine. Here we go.
- Breakthrough Device: Apple MacBook Air
- Budget Netbook: Samsung N150 Plus
- Expensive Netbook: ASUS Eee PC 1215N
- Budget Ultraportable: Toshiba Satellite T235-S1350
- Expensive Ultraportable: Sony VAIO Z
- Budget Thin & Light: HP Pavilion dm3t
- Expensive Thin & Light: 13.3-inch MacBook Pro
- Budget All-Purpose: HP G62t
- Expensive All-Purpose: Dell XPS 15
- Budget Entertainment: Toshiba Satellite M645
- Expensive Entertainment: HP Envy 17
- Budget Gaming: Alienware m11x
- Expensive Gaming: Qosmio X505
- Budget Business: Dell Vostro V3300
- Expensive Business: Lenovo ThinkPad X201s
Just make sure the display is top-notch quality because you’ll be looking at it for hours and hours. The visual experience really does make a difference in productivity as well as entertainment.
From my personal experience Dell has one of the best displays with its 1920×1200 RGB LED backlight LCDs in its 17-inch Precision Mobile Workstations. A close second are the 15.4-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pros.