DigiTimes → MacRumors: The next iPad or iPad 2.0 will be coming to us in 2011, I think and so does everyone else. Wouldn’t it be nice to know what the iPad 2.0 will be like. Well, the rumor has it that it will have these features:
- FaceTime: At least a front-facing camera for FaceTime.
- Better Mobility: Lighter and thinner perhaps, thanks to carbon fiber or LiquidMetal.
- USB Port: I’m not buying this.
- New Display Technology: Well, not new since it’ll be LCD, the IPS kind. Steve Jobs will claim the iPad has a Retina Display with a 2048×1536 pixel format.
- Gyroscope: A 3-axis one. For game-playing perhaps?
There is also the possibility that the 3G version of the iPad 2.0 might be carrier-agnostic and play nice with both GSM and CDMA.