LG: A few important bits:
- Display: 5.5-inch Quantum IPS LCD (slightly curved)
- Pixel Format: Quad HD (QHD) 2560×1440 RGB Stripe
- Resolution: ~538 ppi
- Cover Glass: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
Quantum IPS sounds mighty impressive, and it is. Compared to the G3:
- Brightness: +25%
- Contrast: +50%
- Color Accuracy: +20%
- Power Efficiency: +11%
And the slight curvature reduces the likelihood of breaking on impact by 20% compared to the G3.
The camera is vastly improved too:
- Image Sensor: 1/2.6 inch, 16 megapixels
- Lens: f/1.8
- Image Stabilization: Yes, Optical
- Autofocus: Phase Detection / Laser
The G4 sports a color spectrum sensor that improves color accuracy and white balance.
The iPhone 6 image sensor size is 1/3.0 inch; the G4’s is larger: 1/2.6 inch. The iPhone 6 lens aperture is f/2.2; the G4’s is significantly brighter at f/1.8. The LG G4 solely based on these specs looks like it will easily best the iPhone 6 & 6 Plus.
When it comes to the display there is little doubt the 5.5-inch 2560×1440 Quantum IPS LCD in the LG G4 is significantly better.